Jen’s Lifestyle Jem: 20 Things You Can Do To Help You Fall Asleep
Do you have those occasional nights where you toss & turn & try your damnedest to fall asleep but just can’t?
Here are some things you can do to help you get some shut eye asap!
- Take a warm bath
- Drink warm milk.
- Drink herb tea.
- Eat a bedtime snack.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
- Sleep on a firm bed.
- Keep regular bedtime hours.
- Get up for awhile if you can’t sleep.
- Get up earlier in the morning.
- Avoid naps.
- Avoid illuminated bedroom clocks.
- Smell an onion ten times before you go to bed.
- Image it is time to get up.
- Deep breathing.
- Leave the TV, radio or fan on
- Visualize something boring.
- Visualize something peaceful
- Stretching like a cat. Just stretch your legs and arms as far as possible and within 15 minutes it seems to work most times.
- Pretend you’re taking a nap and fall asleep on the couch.
- Read an agonizing, boring psychological journal article.
Or you can do what I do & try to picture a blank, empty, white canvas in your mind. That almost always works for me. It completely clears my mind & then I just clonk out….drool & all!
If you’re having trouble sleeping every night though make sure you go see a doctor.
SWEET DREAMS! XOXO,