Jen’s Fashion Jem - Choose The Right Sunglasses For Your Face Shape
Spring is here, summer is around the corner, the sun’s out and it’s time to break out those sunglasses.
The resurgence of shades began a week ago here in NYC when it hit 85 degrees (a rarity in April) and I noticed plenty of people of eagerly rockin’ their frames and well, looking bad in them. Both women and men!
Believe it or not, people purchase sunglasses most of the time because of the design more than the fit. What they don’t realize is the gorgeous, colorful, studded pair of shades they just bought may be way too big on their face or too small or it makes their face look too round etc.
How do you prevent this? It’s simple. Just like how I wrote about choosing the right red lipstick shade is exactly the same case here, choosing the right pair of sunglasses for your face. Yes, there is such a thing!
So save your time rummaging through different styles when you’re at a store and use this guideline to target the exact shape you should be looking for.
- Square Faces: Wear sunglasses that can help tone down your jaw like round or oval-shaped ones Avoid any shapes that are angular because you’ll end up looking like a robot.
- Heart-Shaped Face: Look for shades that dip between your eyes, triangular shapes but upside down or Aviators, which narrow your chin down.
- Round Face: You’re better off wearing square or rectangular styles. Anything with a round shape would only draw more attention to your circular face.
- Long Faces: Oversized, wide and cat-eyes helps break up your face and draw attention upwards. Small frames pulls the attention down.
- Oval Face: You’ve hit the sunglasses “jackpot” with this face! When your face is symmetrical from top to bottom, side to side, you can pull off any pair.
So make sure you choose the right pair of sunglasses for your face and don’t waste your money on the wrong ones! When you’re shopping, look for the right “fit” first then pick a nice design from there.
Before I go, I just wanted to say I could never pull off a pair of round shades but, my dear, these look amazing! and I need them!! Now let’s just hope it fits my face!
See ya on the NYC streets xoxo,